Power BI Fundamentals
February 23, 2022 - February 24, 2022
In this Power BI Fundamentals online course, we will explore the powerful dashboarding tool, and you’ll learn how to tell meaningful stories with data. We will work with large and complex data-sets and teach you how to manipulate, organize and dashboard that data. We will start with the core-functionality and slowly build upon it as we create together a 3-page dashboard. This course is great for students who want to understand the extensive capability of Power BI, and how it can be used by a finance or business intelligence professional.
Power BI is a growing tool for Financial Analysts, and its powerful dashboarding functions can help you automate your work and create impressive visuals for you to create meaningful stories with complex data. These dashboards will help you have a measurable impact of strategic decisions of the company.
Power BI Fundamentals Learning Objectives
- Understand data normalization
- Automate transformation of complex CSV files using Power Query
- Create interactive dashboard visuals that impress and convey a clear message.
- Slice your analysis by any time period
- Learn essential DAX formulas such as calculate, filter and all.
- Create time data tables
- Join geo-spatial and category attributes
- Learn how to use DAX time-intelligence to easily compare periods
- Explore features to aid user navigation
- Understand how to share your dashboards with others.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Power BI course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their understanding about Business Intelligence. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with the fundamental knowledge of Power BI.